|Published:||Aug 23, 2010 8:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2010 6:00 PM EDT|
CAMP LEJEUNE, N.C. (AP) - Military officials say a North Carolina-based Marine has been killed in combat in Afghanistan.
The Department of Defense announced on Monday that 19-year-old Lance Cpl. Nathaniel J. A. Schultz of Safety Harbor, Fla., died Aug. 21 in Helmand province.
Officials say Schultz was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force at Camp Lejeune.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect