|Published:||Aug 23, 2010 8:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2010 6:00 PM EDT|
CAMP LEJEUNE, N.C. (AP) - Military officials say a North Carolina-based Marine has been killed in combat in Afghanistan.
The Department of Defense announced on Monday that 19-year-old Lance Cpl. Nathaniel J. A. Schultz of Safety Harbor, Fla., died Aug. 21 in Helmand province.
Officials say Schultz was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force at Camp Lejeune.
- Teen fights off suspect accused of holding a gun to her head
- Students slime principal for 1 million minutes of reading
- Miami man catches longest Burmese python captured in Fla.
- LCSO catches home invasion suspects in San Carlos Park
- A&E's 'Beyond Scared Straight' films in Charlotte County
- Employees owed money after comedy club closes down
- Suspect gets life in prison for 2011 deadly shooting
- Rollover on SB I-75 at Bonita Beach Rd. slows traffic
- Fla. Gov. oks sales tax holiday for August
- Orange River Elementary principal Holly Bell retires