|Published:||Aug 23, 2010 4:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2010 1:42 PM EDT|
NEW YORK (AP) - A man charged with selling secrets about finances at Walt Disney Co. has pleaded guilty in federal court in New York to conspiracy to commit securities fraud and wire fraud charges.
Yonni Sebbag, a citizen of Morocco, and his girlfriend, former Disney employee Bonnie Hoxie, were arrested in California last month in the insider trading case filed in New York.
The 30-year-old Sebbag has been held without bail in Manhattan.
Prosecutors say Hoxie obtained information on Disney's quarterly earnings before they were made public and fed them to Sebbag. He's accused of trying to sell the tips to at least 33 investment companies.
The charges carry a potential penalty of up to 25 years in prison.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time
- FWC reports 20th panther mortality for 2013