|Published:||Aug 23, 2010 3:49 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2010 12:49 PM EDT|
LAUDERHILL, Fla. (AP) - A South Florida man is dead after falling into a canal while fishing.
Fifty-seven-year-old Oscar Battle Jr. was fishing in a canal in Lauderhill Saturday morning when authorities say he reached for some bait he had dropped in the water and fell in.
His wife and two other relatives were fishing nearby.
A dive rescue team responded to the scene and located Battle about 20 minutes later.
Authorities said he was taken to Florida Medical Center but he could not be resuscitated.
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba