|Published:||Aug 23, 2010 3:49 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2010 12:49 PM EDT|
LAUDERHILL, Fla. (AP) - A South Florida man is dead after falling into a canal while fishing.
Fifty-seven-year-old Oscar Battle Jr. was fishing in a canal in Lauderhill Saturday morning when authorities say he reached for some bait he had dropped in the water and fell in.
His wife and two other relatives were fishing nearby.
A dive rescue team responded to the scene and located Battle about 20 minutes later.
Authorities said he was taken to Florida Medical Center but he could not be resuscitated.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 16 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- Hertz plans to open temporary headquarters in Bonita Springs
- Fla. Attorney General temporarily stops Service Star
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776