|Published:||Aug 23, 2010 4:04 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2010 1:04 PM EDT|
BUSHNELL, Fla. (AP) - More than three dozen prisoners at a central Florida correctional facility have been quarantined after becoming sick from an apparent stomach flu.
The outbreak has sickened about 40 inmates at the Sumter Correctional Institution in Bushnell. The ill prisoners have been moved into a separate dormitory as the cause is investigated.
A warden says family visits were canceled through the weekend.
A Department of Corrections spokeswoman said none of the prisoners required hospitalization.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- New patrol cars to help combat traffic offenses