|Published:||Aug 23, 2010 4:39 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2010 1:39 PM EDT|
DAVENPORT, Fla. (AP) - A 37-year-old central Florida man has been arrested for allegedly setting his father on fire.
Ronald W. Harris Jr. faces arson and attempted first-degree murder charges in the Monday attack in Davenport, about 40 miles southwest of Orlando.
Harris allegedly doused his father with gasoline, lit him on fire and fled. Polk County sheriff's investigators found him hiding behind nearby businesses.
The victim, 58-year-old Ronald W. Harris, was transported to an Orlando hospital in critical condition.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.