|Published:||Aug 23, 2010 4:39 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2010 1:39 PM EDT|
DAVENPORT, Fla. (AP) - A 37-year-old central Florida man has been arrested for allegedly setting his father on fire.
Ronald W. Harris Jr. faces arson and attempted first-degree murder charges in the Monday attack in Davenport, about 40 miles southwest of Orlando.
Harris allegedly doused his father with gasoline, lit him on fire and fled. Polk County sheriff's investigators found him hiding behind nearby businesses.
The victim, 58-year-old Ronald W. Harris, was transported to an Orlando hospital in critical condition.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- No charges in Jameis Winston sex assault case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti