|Published:||Aug 23, 2010 4:41 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2010 1:41 PM EDT|
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - The U.S. Department of Justice has filed a complaint in South Florida alleging that an abortion protester violated federal law prohibiting the blockage of clinic entrances.
In a complaint filed in federal court on Wednesday, Holder says Mary Susan Pine routinely paces across the abortion clinic's driveway, and in November physically prevented a car from entering.
Holder is asking a judge in Florida's Southern District of U.S. Court to levy a $10,000 fine and prohibit Pine from entering the driveway.
No attorney was listed for Pine in court records, and neither she nor the Justice Department immediately returned telephone messages left Monday.
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time
- Local athlete needs votes for national award
- Collier County completes road widening project early
- Sailors take to the harbor for regatta
- Collier County Deputies Search For Missing Woman
- Bears take a swim in a Collier County pool