|Published:||Aug 23, 2010 4:41 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2010 1:41 PM EDT|
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - The U.S. Department of Justice has filed a complaint in South Florida alleging that an abortion protester violated federal law prohibiting the blockage of clinic entrances.
In a complaint filed in federal court on Wednesday, Holder says Mary Susan Pine routinely paces across the abortion clinic's driveway, and in November physically prevented a car from entering.
Holder is asking a judge in Florida's Southern District of U.S. Court to levy a $10,000 fine and prohibit Pine from entering the driveway.
No attorney was listed for Pine in court records, and neither she nor the Justice Department immediately returned telephone messages left Monday.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Company offers extra protection to gun owners
- LCEC warning customers about customer service imposters
- How hurricanes get their names
- SWFL residents reach out to family in tornado-stricken Moore