|Published:||Aug 23, 2010 3:51 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2010 12:51 PM EDT|
SEFFNER, Fla. (AP) - Family and friends have gathered to remember a 23-year-old Army medic from Plant City who died after serving two months in Afghanistan.
Paul O. Cuzzupe died from wounds sustained when insurgents attacked his unit using an improvised explosive device.
A funeral for Cuzzupe was held Saturday at the St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church in Seffner. The Army presented his relatives with a the Purple Heart, among other awards.
In a eulogy, a sergeant with Cuzzupe's unit described the fallen medic as someone always there to help in a time of need and a joy to be around.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FSU students spend spring break 'serving the underserved'
- Former head of Harborside sues City of Ft. Myers