|Published:||Aug 23, 2010 3:51 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2010 12:51 PM EDT|
SEFFNER, Fla. (AP) - Family and friends have gathered to remember a 23-year-old Army medic from Plant City who died after serving two months in Afghanistan.
Paul O. Cuzzupe died from wounds sustained when insurgents attacked his unit using an improvised explosive device.
A funeral for Cuzzupe was held Saturday at the St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church in Seffner. The Army presented his relatives with a the Purple Heart, among other awards.
In a eulogy, a sergeant with Cuzzupe's unit described the fallen medic as someone always there to help in a time of need and a joy to be around.
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- Investigation in to the Hohensee marriage
- Friends remember Hohensee as kind and helpful, not violent
- Dr. Burke giving last speech before retirement
- Memorial Day weekend travel expected to mirror last year