|Published:||Aug 23, 2010 11:52 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2010 8:52 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Six people who went down in a small plane off the coast of the Bahamas have been rescued.
The U.S. Coast Guard reports that one of its stations received a report of a downed aircraft Monday morning. The Coast Guard sent a C-130 aircrew to assist in the search.
A Royal Bahamian Defence Force smallboat found the downed Piper aircraft shortly after noon. All six people aboard were accounted for with no injuries reported.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool