|Published:||Aug 23, 2010 7:48 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2010 4:48 PM EDT|
HENDRY COUNTY, Fla. - A Clewiston woman has now been charged with second degree murder after police say she ran over a man she thought was her accused rapist, but deputies say Amber Lee actually killed the wrong man.
Lee told WINK News she was just trying to get away from a scary situation and never saw the man she ran over. WINK News later discovered Lee had told a newspaper she did see the victim.
Lee is currently pregnant with her second child.
Her accused rapist was arrested but never charged.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim