|Published:||Aug 23, 2010 7:48 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2010 4:48 PM EDT|
HENDRY COUNTY, Fla. - A Clewiston woman has now been charged with second degree murder after police say she ran over a man she thought was her accused rapist, but deputies say Amber Lee actually killed the wrong man.
Lee told WINK News she was just trying to get away from a scary situation and never saw the man she ran over. WINK News later discovered Lee had told a newspaper she did see the victim.
Lee is currently pregnant with her second child.
Her accused rapist was arrested but never charged.
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- 911 call: Judge in Zimmerman trial hears dispute
- Fla. Gov. Scott's job approval up to 43%