|Published:||Aug 23, 2010 3:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2010 12:57 PM EDT|
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - The parents of a 6-year-old boy have been arrested and charged with child neglect after their son found them passed out in their home and called 911 for help.
The Marion County Sheriff's Office says the boy was outside the home when a sergeant arrived on scene.
Authorities say the father, Michael Dean Patrick, was lying on a bed. Officials were able to wake him up, but say he had slurred speech and difficulty standing.
He reportedly told officers he takes medications and had drank one alcoholic beverage.
Deputies say the boy's mother was covered in a blanket and lying on the kitchen floor in a puddle of milk. The boy said he had poured it on her to try and wake her up.
Authorities say she also had slurred speech.
The boy was placed in the care of a relative.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Thieves steal handicapped man's motobility chair
- Taxpayers footing the bill for Damas hearings, treatment
- Deadly accident in Fort Myers
- Immokalee firefighters donate new bikes after damaging one