|Published:||Aug 21, 2010 8:40 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 21, 2010 5:40 PM EDT|
(Photos courtesy Charlotte County Sheriff's Office)
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. - The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office began clean-up work at 20 homeless camps in the Port Charlotte area on Saturday. Most of the camps are locared in an area east of U.S. 41 and Sherbourne Street.
Neighbors contacted the sheriff's office asking for help removing vagrants from their property. People in the heavily wooded area were given several days notice to leave the area.
The Sheriff's Office brought in 20 inmates to remove trash and other items left behind at the homeless camps.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash