|Published:||Aug 20, 2010 7:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 20, 2010 4:09 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - Parents and any community member wishing to learn about and comment on the School District of Collier County’s plan to comply with the Class Size Reduction will have that opportunity. The School Board will hold a public hearing on the plan at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 2nd, at the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Administrative Center, 5775 Osceola Trail (behind Barron Collier High School). This second public hearing on the plan is being held in the evening so as to make it convenient for parents and community members to attend.
The Class Size Reduction Amendment to the Florida Constitution was approved by voters in 2002. Amendment 8, which will appear on the November General Election Ballot, would amend the language of the original amendment. It will be discussed at the hearing as well.
The content of the district’s plan will be posted on the district Web site at www.collierschools.com on Monday, August 23rd. A hard copy may be obtained from the district’s Communications Services Department by calling 377-0180, or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. The department is also accepting comments to be included in the record of the hearing; they may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to the following address prior to the September 2nd hearing.
- Employees owed money after comedy club closes down
- Rollover on SB I-75 at Bonita Beach Rd. slows traffic
- Orange River Elementary principal Holly Bell retires
- Lee Tran routes on proposed budget chopping block
- Lee struggles with budget and SRO issues
- Gov. Scott leads trade mission to Chile this week
- Cape councilman McClain stays
- Enhanced lightning detection on Sanibel Island