|Published:||Aug 20, 2010 3:51 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 20, 2010 12:51 PM EDT|
DADE CITY, Fla. (AP) - A Zephyrhills man has been sentenced to life in prison for taking part in attacks on two elderly women.
A Pasco County judge sentenced 21-year-old Jathniel McMichael to multiple life terms Thursday. He was convicted Wednesday of several charges, including home invasion robbery and felony battery. He was also convicted in May of similar charges for an earlier attack.
Authorities say McMichael and 22-year-old Bobby Lee Black III broke into the first woman's home in March 2007 and raped her at knifepoint. The two attacked another woman three weeks later, but only Black was convicted of rape in the second attack.
Black was tried for both attacks last year and sentenced to life in prison.
A third suspect, who reportedly stayed in the car, testified against McMichael and Black.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft