|Published:||Aug 20, 2010 3:51 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 20, 2010 12:51 PM EDT|
DADE CITY, Fla. (AP) - A Zephyrhills man has been sentenced to life in prison for taking part in attacks on two elderly women.
A Pasco County judge sentenced 21-year-old Jathniel McMichael to multiple life terms Thursday. He was convicted Wednesday of several charges, including home invasion robbery and felony battery. He was also convicted in May of similar charges for an earlier attack.
Authorities say McMichael and 22-year-old Bobby Lee Black III broke into the first woman's home in March 2007 and raped her at knifepoint. The two attacked another woman three weeks later, but only Black was convicted of rape in the second attack.
Black was tried for both attacks last year and sentenced to life in prison.
A third suspect, who reportedly stayed in the car, testified against McMichael and Black.
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- SWFL residents join in March Against Monsanto
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center
- 90 acre brush fire in Charlotte County
- Immokalee man bites another mans ear off
- FWC hits water during 'Busiest Boating Weekend'