|Published:||Aug 20, 2010 4:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 20, 2010 1:14 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Harold Bergman has celebrated his birthday at McDonald's for the past three years, and his 107th birthday was no exception.
The Jacksonville man spent his birthday Thursday at one of his favorite places. His surprise this year was a huge Big Mac-shaped cake.
Bergman's caregiver says they don't usually go inside, instead ordering food at the drive-through window and taking it home to eat. But on this birthday he sat down with his wife and friends, eating a snack wrap and drinking a soda.
He left with some cake and cards, and some goodies from McDonald's: a gift card, a T-shirt that read "I'm Lovin' It!" and a visor.
Bergman was born in Bloomfield, N.J., on Aug. 20, 1903. He retired in Florida and is now the oldest resident at Cypress Village.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral