|Published:||Aug 20, 2010 4:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 20, 2010 1:14 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Harold Bergman has celebrated his birthday at McDonald's for the past three years, and his 107th birthday was no exception.
The Jacksonville man spent his birthday Thursday at one of his favorite places. His surprise this year was a huge Big Mac-shaped cake.
Bergman's caregiver says they don't usually go inside, instead ordering food at the drive-through window and taking it home to eat. But on this birthday he sat down with his wife and friends, eating a snack wrap and drinking a soda.
He left with some cake and cards, and some goodies from McDonald's: a gift card, a T-shirt that read "I'm Lovin' It!" and a visor.
Bergman was born in Bloomfield, N.J., on Aug. 20, 1903. He retired in Florida and is now the oldest resident at Cypress Village.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday