|Published:||Aug 20, 2010 4:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 20, 2010 1:14 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Harold Bergman has celebrated his birthday at McDonald's for the past three years, and his 107th birthday was no exception.
The Jacksonville man spent his birthday Thursday at one of his favorite places. His surprise this year was a huge Big Mac-shaped cake.
Bergman's caregiver says they don't usually go inside, instead ordering food at the drive-through window and taking it home to eat. But on this birthday he sat down with his wife and friends, eating a snack wrap and drinking a soda.
He left with some cake and cards, and some goodies from McDonald's: a gift card, a T-shirt that read "I'm Lovin' It!" and a visor.
Bergman was born in Bloomfield, N.J., on Aug. 20, 1903. He retired in Florida and is now the oldest resident at Cypress Village.
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Memorial Day weekend travel expected to mirror last year
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Fla. Gov. asked to return money to insurer
- Hurricane center: Beware of the storm surge
- Fla. man dies after crashing into moving train