|Published:||Aug 20, 2010 7:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 20, 2010 4:12 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - The Lee County Sheriff's Office is teaming up with Pinchers Crab Shack to help prevent child abuse. A Labor Day Beach Bash will be held September 6th from Noon until 3:00 pm at the Pinchers Crab Shack located at 6890 Estero Boulevard on Fort Myers Beach. Five percent of your total bill from Pinchers Crab Shack tiki menu will go to the Walk to Prevent Child Abuse Fund.
This will mark the 5th year for the Walk to Prevent Child Abuse, which has raised thousands of dollars to fight child abuse. This year's walk will be held on October 16th at Pelican Preserve. Teams from the Lee County Sheriff's Office have raised the most money at this event two years running, with nearly $6,500 raised last year.
Money raised from the Labor Day Beach Bash and Walk to Prevent Child Abuse will be presented to the Children's Network of Southwest Florida.
So remember to bring your appetite to the Pinchers Crab Shack on Fort Myers Beach on Labor Day between Noon and 3:00 pm to help raise money for a good cause.
Those interested in participating in the Walk to Prevent Child Abuse in October can contact Aimee McLaughlin with the Children's Network of Southwest Florida at (239) 226-1524.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News
- Police say school nurse's blood alcohol level was .275
- Man gets life after selling heroin near Lee Middle School
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from tiger
- Crash blocks Golden Gate Blvd. at 22nd St. SE
- Former Arcadia city marshal resigns amid theft allegations
- Camouflaged alligators spotted at Wa-Ke Hatchee Park
- Woman talks to WINK News about faking sons' deaths