|Published:||Aug 20, 2010 4:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 20, 2010 1:14 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities are searching for an inmate who escaped from a work squad project near Tampa.
Jerrod "Hot Rod" Williams walked away from a Department of Transportation project Thursday afternoon. The 21-year-old was serving a seven-year prison sentence for burglary and theft charges.
Corrections department spokeswoman Gretl Pressinger says Williams was in town from Hardee Work Camp. She says it's not uncommon for a minimum security inmate such as Williams to be assigned to a work camp.
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Communications satellite launched into space