|Published:||Aug 20, 2010 5:33 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 20, 2010 1:29 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - State figures show July's unemployment rate rose slightly.
Figures released Friday by the Agency for Workforce Innovation show unemployment increased from 11.4 percent to 11.5 percent. More than a million Floridians are unemployed.
Florida's unemployment rate is higher than the national unemployment rate of 9.5 percent.
The agency's director, Cynthia Lorenzo, says the good news is Florida's annual rate of job creation is growing slightly - at .1 percent. The increase of 2,700 jobs is the first annual job growth since 2007.
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop