|Published:||Aug 20, 2010 5:33 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 20, 2010 1:29 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - State figures show July's unemployment rate rose slightly.
Figures released Friday by the Agency for Workforce Innovation show unemployment increased from 11.4 percent to 11.5 percent. More than a million Floridians are unemployed.
Florida's unemployment rate is higher than the national unemployment rate of 9.5 percent.
The agency's director, Cynthia Lorenzo, says the good news is Florida's annual rate of job creation is growing slightly - at .1 percent. The increase of 2,700 jobs is the first annual job growth since 2007.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration