|Published:||Aug 20, 2010 5:33 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 20, 2010 1:29 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - State figures show July's unemployment rate rose slightly.
Figures released Friday by the Agency for Workforce Innovation show unemployment increased from 11.4 percent to 11.5 percent. More than a million Floridians are unemployed.
Florida's unemployment rate is higher than the national unemployment rate of 9.5 percent.
The agency's director, Cynthia Lorenzo, says the good news is Florida's annual rate of job creation is growing slightly - at .1 percent. The increase of 2,700 jobs is the first annual job growth since 2007.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.