|Published:||Aug 20, 2010 4:52 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 20, 2010 1:52 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Florida Power and Light has agreed to freeze its base rates through 2012.
The Attorney General's Office and the Florida Office of Public Counsel announced the decision Friday.
FPL had requested a rate increase to fund new construction. The agreement says those costs will be offset by a decrease in fuel costs.
The deal requires the approval of the Public Service Commission. FPL will have to petition that body for any base rate increases after 2012.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash