|Published:||Aug 20, 2010 4:18 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 20, 2010 1:18 PM EDT|
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Palm Beach County sheriff's deputies are searching for three alleged gang members who were mistakenly released from jail over a paperwork snafu.
Jail records show 21-year-old James Roundtree, 18-year-old Marquis Roundtree and a 17-year-old were charged with aggravated assault with a firearm, racketeering and other offenses.
The mistake happened during a hearing last week when new paperwork was filed to reword the racketeering charges. Somehow the bond section was left blank.
The Clerk of Court notified jailers the charges had been dropped and the men were released Tuesday.
Sheriff's spokeswoman Teri Barbera says the jail was just following procedures.
The State Attorney's Office is set to discuss the case after a hearing Friday afternoon.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore