|Published:||Aug 19, 2010 5:51 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 19, 2010 12:23 AM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - A warning for landscapers in Collier County. Crooks are stealing lawn maintenance equipment at a record pace. Twenty businesses have been hit and thieves may have a laundry list of businesses they are going to next.
Avant-Yarde, Inc., one of the latest businesses to be hit up, had over $17,000 in equipment stolen. The owner says men in masks cut through the back fence and then cut into the trailers. They stole everything from power hedgers to chainsaws.
Avant-Yarde says deputies think the equipment is being shipped out of the country for cash.
The owner tells WINK News, evidence has even been found of lists who the crooks will hit up next.
The sheriff's office says stealing lawn maintenance equipment has become a statewide problem.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Lee school board narrows down supt. search
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges