|Published:||Aug 19, 2010 4:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 19, 2010 1:15 PM EDT|
GARY, Ind. (AP) - The director of the Gary/Chicago International Airport is leaving for a similar job in Naples, Fla.
Airport Director Chris Curry says he'll begin his new job overseeing three airports for the Collier County Airport Authority on Sept. 15. The Collier County commissioners appointed him in mid-July.
Curry was selected as Gary's airport director in summer 2006.
Three of the airport board's seven members voted against extending his contract in October, but the other four approved it. That vote kept him as director through March 2013 at a salary of $150,400 per year.
Curry's departure comes as the Gary airport deals with plans for a railroad relocation and a runway extension.
- Cape councilman McClain stays
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- Gov. Scott leads trade mission to Chile this week
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- Enhanced lightning detection on Sanibel Island
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma