|Published:||Aug 19, 2010 4:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 19, 2010 1:30 PM EDT|
ARLINGTON, Fla. (AP) - A 24-year-old Jacksonville man is charged with the murder of a pregnant woman and her unborn child.
Felicia Burney was eight months pregnant when she was found stabbed June 8. Hours later, Andrew Wayne King was taken into custody on a probation violation but he was not charged in the 22-year-old woman's death until Wednesday.
Burney had been living with King's girlfriend. According to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, King thought Burney was interfering in his relationship.
Investigators say Burney was afraid of King, who had a set of keys to her apartment.
The sheriff's office says DNA evidence links King to evidence collected from the scene.
Jail records show King is being held Thursday without bond. It was not immediately known if he had an attorney.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified