|Published:||Aug 19, 2010 4:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 19, 2010 1:30 PM EDT|
ARLINGTON, Fla. (AP) - A 24-year-old Jacksonville man is charged with the murder of a pregnant woman and her unborn child.
Felicia Burney was eight months pregnant when she was found stabbed June 8. Hours later, Andrew Wayne King was taken into custody on a probation violation but he was not charged in the 22-year-old woman's death until Wednesday.
Burney had been living with King's girlfriend. According to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, King thought Burney was interfering in his relationship.
Investigators say Burney was afraid of King, who had a set of keys to her apartment.
The sheriff's office says DNA evidence links King to evidence collected from the scene.
Jail records show King is being held Thursday without bond. It was not immediately known if he had an attorney.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Union vote set for some Lee Co. government workers
- Island Park brush fire remains mostly contained