|Published:||Aug 19, 2010 11:36 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 19, 2010 7:01 AM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - In Honor of National Lemonade Day, Applebee's Throughout Florida Join Childhood Cancer Fight In honor of National Lemonade Day, select Applebee's locations throughout Florida will host "Dining to Donate" fundraisers to benefit Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation on Thursday, August 19, 2010 from 11AM -11PM.
Patrons who download a special flier from Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation's website and present it on August 19 will have up to 15% of their bill donated directly to the foundation.
ALSF emerged from the front yard lemonade stand of cancer patient Alexandra "Alex" Scott (1996-2004). 2010 marks 10 years since 4-year-old Alex announced that she wanted to hold a lemonade stand to raise money to help find a cure for all children with cancer.
Since Alex held that first stand, the Foundation bearing her name has evolved into a national fundraising movement, complete with thousands of volunteers across the country carrying on her legacy of hope. To date, Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation, a registered 501(c) 3 charity, has raised more than $30 million towards fulfilling Alex's dream of finding a cure, funding over 125 research projects nationally.
Download a flier to bring with you to Applebee's by clicking here
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Florida Supreme Court to discuss medical marijuana Thursday
- Collier County first responders investigate hazmat situation
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys