LEE COUNTY, Fla. - In Honor of National Lemonade Day, Applebee's Throughout Florida Join Childhood Cancer Fight In honor of National Lemonade Day, select Applebee's locations throughout Florida will host "Dining to Donate" fundraisers to benefit Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation on Thursday, August 19, 2010 from 11AM -11PM.
Patrons who download a special flier from Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation's website and present it on August 19 will have up to 15% of their bill donated directly to the foundation.
ALSF emerged from the front yard lemonade stand of cancer patient Alexandra "Alex" Scott (1996-2004). 2010 marks 10 years since 4-year-old Alex announced that she wanted to hold a lemonade stand to raise money to help find a cure for all children with cancer.
Since Alex held that first stand, the Foundation bearing her name has evolved into a national fundraising movement, complete with thousands of volunteers across the country carrying on her legacy of hope. To date, Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation, a registered 501(c) 3 charity, has raised more than $30 million towards fulfilling Alex's dream of finding a cure, funding over 125 research projects nationally.
Download a flier to bring with you to Applebee's by clicking here
- Lee County deputy & girlfriend arrested on marijuana charges
- FedEx truck hits power lines, catches on fire
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- Federal charges filed against wanted Lee County fugitive
- How life has changed for Fort Myers 2007 lotto winner
- Panther spotted at Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve
- Venturi, US Open champion and CBS analyst, dies
- Recent LCSO arrest totals 3 deputies handcuffed since April
- ABATE Bears for Bears drive under way
- Local bar named Best beach bar in America