COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - Vehicle # 1 was traveling east on Leed Avenue on the eastbound lane. Pedestrian # 1 and pedestrian # 2 were walking east on Leed Avenue on the westbound lane ahead of vehicle # 1.
Pedestrian # 1 and pedestrian # 2 crossed both lanes walking in a southeasterly direction and entered vehicle # 1's path.
Vehicle # 1's driver indicated that his view was obstructed due to glare from the rising sun and that he was unable to recognize and react to the crossing pedestrians in a timely manner.
Vehicle # 1's front right struck pedestrian # 1 as vehicle # 1's front struck pedestrian # 2 simultaneously on the eastbound lane in front of the residence of 1901 Leed Avenue.
Upon observing the impact, vehicle # 1's driver applied heavy braking and brought vehicle # 1 to a controlled final rest on the eastbound lane in front of the driveway access to 1901 Leed Avenue.
Pedestrian # 1 came to rest lying on the north portion of the driveway access of 1901 Leed Avenue.
Pedestrian # 2 rolled off the hood and was able to walk after the impact and started to render aid to pedestrian # 1 until medical help arrived.
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- 20-year-old girl dies in Cape Coral scooter crash
- Bikers participate in Collier County 'Freedom Ride'
- Standing room only at 2013 Hurricane Expo
- Start your engines!
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th