|Published:||Aug 19, 2010 3:33 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 19, 2010 12:33 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Four family members from Florida were among the 41 people killed in a bus crash in the northern Philippines.
Family members identified the Florida victims as Frederick and Rosamin Quinio, 11-year-old Nicole and 7-year-old Michael. All were visiting relatives at the time of the crash.
A vigil was held for the family Wednesday night at their Jacksonville home.
Police say the bus was traveling down a highway that zigzags Wednesday when the vehicle went over a road barrier into a 100-foot ravine. A 10-year-old boy was among nine survivors of the crash, eight of whom were hospitalized.
The driver and conductor of the bus face charges of reckless imprudence resulting in multiple homicide and physical injuries.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Lee school board narrows down superintendent search
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges