|Published:||Aug 19, 2010 3:33 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 19, 2010 12:33 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Four family members from Florida were among the 41 people killed in a bus crash in the northern Philippines.
Family members identified the Florida victims as Frederick and Rosamin Quinio, 11-year-old Nicole and 7-year-old Michael. All were visiting relatives at the time of the crash.
A vigil was held for the family Wednesday night at their Jacksonville home.
Police say the bus was traveling down a highway that zigzags Wednesday when the vehicle went over a road barrier into a 100-foot ravine. A 10-year-old boy was among nine survivors of the crash, eight of whom were hospitalized.
The driver and conductor of the bus face charges of reckless imprudence resulting in multiple homicide and physical injuries.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire
- Nate Lee continues to fight for 911 call system improvements
- Healthpark Medical Center adding 9 extra beds for season
- Fla. Gov. wants to cut auto registration fees