|Published:||Aug 18, 2010 11:41 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 18, 2010 6:29 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - The VSA is visiting Collier County on Wednesday for a training workshop.
VSA-The International Organization on Arts and Disability is an international nonprofit organization founded more than 35 years ago by Ambassador Jean Kennedy Smith to create a society where people with disabilities learn through, participate in, and enjoy the arts.
They have trained 150 art, music, and physical education teachers on how to get children with disabilities involved in the classroom.
VSA said the arts can help people with all types of disabilities learn self-expression, communication, and independence.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41