|Published:||Aug 18, 2010 11:41 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 18, 2010 6:29 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - The VSA is visiting Collier County on Wednesday for a training workshop.
VSA-The International Organization on Arts and Disability is an international nonprofit organization founded more than 35 years ago by Ambassador Jean Kennedy Smith to create a society where people with disabilities learn through, participate in, and enjoy the arts.
They have trained 150 art, music, and physical education teachers on how to get children with disabilities involved in the classroom.
VSA said the arts can help people with all types of disabilities learn self-expression, communication, and independence.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Obama to promote education agenda at Miami school