|Published:||Aug 18, 2010 11:41 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 18, 2010 6:29 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - The VSA is visiting Collier County on Wednesday for a training workshop.
VSA-The International Organization on Arts and Disability is an international nonprofit organization founded more than 35 years ago by Ambassador Jean Kennedy Smith to create a society where people with disabilities learn through, participate in, and enjoy the arts.
They have trained 150 art, music, and physical education teachers on how to get children with disabilities involved in the classroom.
VSA said the arts can help people with all types of disabilities learn self-expression, communication, and independence.
- FMPD arrests robbery suspect linked to 5 robberies
- Store owner's surveillance cameras catch alleged thieves
- Collier home destroyed by fire
- Victims say man exposed himself in Naples beach parking lot
- Real estate search begins for Hertz executives
- New Lee superintendent to make $169,000 her first year
- Zombies to unite at Bell Tower for a good cause
- Settlement reached with Lifestyle Lift
- Candidates for Cape Coral Mayor duke it out in 1st debate
- Couple accused of kidnapping kids appears in court