|Published:||Aug 18, 2010 3:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 18, 2010 12:38 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - University of South Florida President Judy Genshaft has been elected chairwoman of the NCAA Division I Board of Directors.
The 18-member board, which is made up of university presidents and chancellors, unanimously selected Genshaft at a meeting Friday. According to a release from USF, Genshaft will take up her new responsibilities in October and serve through April 2012.
Representing the Big East Conference, Genshaft has been a board member since 2009. She was named president of USF in 2000. She served as provost and vice president for academic affairs at Albany and spent 16 years in various positions at Ohio State.
Genshaft holds degrees in social work, psychology and counseling from Wisconsin and Kent State.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools