|Published:||Aug 18, 2010 12:33 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 18, 2010 9:33 AM EDT|
SANIBEL, Fla. - A ribbon cutting ceremony will officially open the improved bike path over the Sanibel Causeway. It's a 2.8 mile ride to and from the beaches, shops and restaurants of Sanibel.
To celebrate the opening, a group of bicyclists are riding from the Sanibel Chamber of Commerce to the ribbon cutting near the toll plaza. Another group of cyclists will make a 40 mile round trip from the toll plaza to the end of Captiva Island and back.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft