|Published:||Aug 18, 2010 12:37 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 17, 2010 4:41 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla - Orientations are taking place this week for students wishing to go to school at home through Lee County's new virtual schools.
Lee Virtual Instruction Program is a self-selecting, student/parental choice program for kindergarten through grade 12 students whose primary residence is Lee County. This progressive choice program is providing expanded educational services to a wider student community for anywhere, anytime learning.
Students in grades 6-12 who are enrolled in private schools, charter schools and traditional public schools may enroll in part time virtual school.
Many of the students who are currently enrolled are professional athletes or students who have physical or psychological disabilities that make attending a brick and mortar school very difficult.
Orientation for students will be held at Lee County School District Headquarters at the corner of Colonial and Metro in Fort Myers.
Tues., .Aug. 17 ..2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Wed., ..Aug. 18 ..6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Thurs., Aug. 19 10:00 AM - 12 Noon
For more information:
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors