|Published:||Aug 18, 2010 3:51 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 18, 2010 12:51 PM EDT|
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - It was a venomous snake that sent a man shopping at an Ocala store to the hospital.
Fire rescue officials say the unidentified man was bitten twice Tuesday on his left hand by a pit viper. The man was shopping in the garden section of a Lowe's Home Improvement store at the time.
He was taken to Ocala Regional Medical Center and was expected to recover.
The snake was captured.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Police video of Bieber's urine test released
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Suspect shoots at Cape Coral residence
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.