|Published:||Aug 18, 2010 3:51 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 18, 2010 12:51 PM EDT|
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - It was a venomous snake that sent a man shopping at an Ocala store to the hospital.
Fire rescue officials say the unidentified man was bitten twice Tuesday on his left hand by a pit viper. The man was shopping in the garden section of a Lowe's Home Improvement store at the time.
He was taken to Ocala Regional Medical Center and was expected to recover.
The snake was captured.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- 'Dunk City' could host 2014 gubernatorial debate
- 2 Collier beach access points reopen after replacing sand