|Published:||Aug 18, 2010 9:16 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 18, 2010 6:17 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Lee County firefighters are making it their prerogative to make the community aware that school starts on Monday.
Various departments across the county have designed 'slow down' banners to display in the community. The hope is to remind drivers that children will be out and about more than usual in the early morning and afternoons, walking to and from home and waiting for their bus.
- Employees owed money after comedy club closes down
- Cape councilman McClain stays
- Lee Tran routes on proposed budget chopping block
- Gov. Scott leads trade mission to Chile this week
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- Enhanced lightning detection on Sanibel Island