|Published:||Aug 18, 2010 9:16 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 18, 2010 6:17 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Lee County firefighters are making it their prerogative to make the community aware that school starts on Monday.
Various departments across the county have designed 'slow down' banners to display in the community. The hope is to remind drivers that children will be out and about more than usual in the early morning and afternoons, walking to and from home and waiting for their bus.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- Fla. could increase private school vouchers
- Man gets life for fatally shooting ex-girlfriend
- Ukraine throws wrench into Obama vacation plan