|Published:||Aug 18, 2010 8:47 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 18, 2010 5:47 PM EDT|
HILLSBORO BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Florida authorities are investigating the death of a scuba diver from Kentucky who became distressed at sea the day before.
The Broward Sheriff's Office says 53-year-old Dreux Dwyer of Lexington, Ky., was pronounced dead Wednesday morning at a hospital.
According to police, Dwyer was aboard a boat that reported a diver in distress Tuesday afternoon. The sheriff's marine unit met the boat and transported Dwyer to shore, where paramedics took him to a hospital.
Sheriff's spokesman Jim Leljedal says detectives are investigating Dwyer's death, but no additional information was available.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- Cape councilman McClain stays
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Lee school board narrows down supt. search
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- McGregor Baptist offers way to Help Tornado Victims