|Published:||Aug 18, 2010 9:23 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 18, 2010 6:23 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - General Motors has filed for an initial public offering. GM will offer up to 500-million shares to the public.
The exact details are still coming out, but the bottom line is this could repay the government a significant part of the money it put up to bailout GM.
Some experts say it could reduce the government's stake in the company by a fifth... just to start.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing