|Published:||Aug 18, 2010 9:23 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 18, 2010 6:23 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - General Motors has filed for an initial public offering. GM will offer up to 500-million shares to the public.
The exact details are still coming out, but the bottom line is this could repay the government a significant part of the money it put up to bailout GM.
Some experts say it could reduce the government's stake in the company by a fifth... just to start.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers