|Published:||Aug 18, 2010 3:40 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 18, 2010 12:41 PM EDT|
MIAMI, Fla. (AP) - An FPL worker was hospitalized following an electrical flash at a downtown Miami office building.
An FPL spokesman says the worker was inspecting equipment at the SunTrust building Tuesday afternoon when electricity shot out, leaving the worker with minor burns. He was taken to a nearby hospital, where he was treated and released. It did not appear that electricity actually went through the worker.
After the incident, FPL shut down power for the 32-story building to investigate. Repairs were made, and power was restored less than two hours later.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case
- Winter weather causes delays, cancellations at RSW
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner