|Published:||Aug 18, 2010 4:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 18, 2010 1:44 PM EDT|
CRESCENT CITY, Fla. (AP) - A boy on a boogie board is being treated for a possible shark bite in northeast Florida.
Sgt. Chuck Mulligan of the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office says the 10-year-old told his father that he saw a shark in the water off Crescent City just before he was bitten.
Paramedics treated the boy for a superficial wound Wednesday morning. Mulligan says the wound appears to be a shark bite.
The boy's father took him to a hospital in St. Augustine.
Authorities say this is the fourth apparent shark bite along northeast Florida's beaches this summer.
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New Bridge has Glitch that Keeps a Section Up for 30 Mins.