|Published:||Aug 18, 2010 4:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 18, 2010 1:44 PM EDT|
CRESCENT CITY, Fla. (AP) - A boy on a boogie board is being treated for a possible shark bite in northeast Florida.
Sgt. Chuck Mulligan of the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office says the 10-year-old told his father that he saw a shark in the water off Crescent City just before he was bitten.
Paramedics treated the boy for a superficial wound Wednesday morning. Mulligan says the wound appears to be a shark bite.
The boy's father took him to a hospital in St. Augustine.
Authorities say this is the fourth apparent shark bite along northeast Florida's beaches this summer.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend