|Published:||Aug 17, 2010 8:06 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 17, 2010 4:11 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Lee County Utilities reports a water outage due to a 6" water main break. The water is currently off and repairs are expected to be completed by 6:00 PM, August 17th.
Once the repairs have been completed and water service is restored, the following area will be under a precautionary boil water notice: Danley Dr. from South St. going north to Center St., Center Rd., South Rd., First St., Second St., Third St., Fourth St., Fifth St. and Sixth St.
Approximately 1,000 customers are affected.
As a precaution, all water used for drinking, cooking, making ice, brushing teeth, or washing dishes should be boiled at a rolling boil for one minute, or as an alternative, bottled water may be used. This precautionary boil water notice will remain in effect until bacteriological test shows that the water is safe to drink. Test results will take approximately 48-72 hours.
Please call 239-533-8575 after 4:30 p.m. August 20, 2010 and each day thereafter as needed to get the current status of the boil water notice.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Obama to promote education agenda at Miami school