|Published:||Aug 17, 2010 8:06 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 17, 2010 4:11 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Lee County Utilities reports a water outage due to a 6" water main break. The water is currently off and repairs are expected to be completed by 6:00 PM, August 17th.
Once the repairs have been completed and water service is restored, the following area will be under a precautionary boil water notice: Danley Dr. from South St. going north to Center St., Center Rd., South Rd., First St., Second St., Third St., Fourth St., Fifth St. and Sixth St.
Approximately 1,000 customers are affected.
As a precaution, all water used for drinking, cooking, making ice, brushing teeth, or washing dishes should be boiled at a rolling boil for one minute, or as an alternative, bottled water may be used. This precautionary boil water notice will remain in effect until bacteriological test shows that the water is safe to drink. Test results will take approximately 48-72 hours.
Please call 239-533-8575 after 4:30 p.m. August 20, 2010 and each day thereafter as needed to get the current status of the boil water notice.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space