|Published:||Aug 17, 2010 3:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 17, 2010 12:56 PM EDT|
PARKLAND, Fla. (AP) - A toddler reportedly drowned in a residential pool in South Florida.
The Broward Sheriff's Office reports that 23-month-old Adielana Martinez's father found her floating in the family's pool Saturday night. The man told authorities his daughter had been playing in the house when he left her alone to go to the restroom. When he returned, she was gone.
After searching the house, he found the rear sliding door open.
The father tried to revive the girl until emergency responders arrived. The girl was taken to a nearby hospital, where she died.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Lee school board narrows down superintendent search
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges