|Published:||Aug 17, 2010 3:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 17, 2010 12:56 PM EDT|
PARKLAND, Fla. (AP) - A toddler reportedly drowned in a residential pool in South Florida.
The Broward Sheriff's Office reports that 23-month-old Adielana Martinez's father found her floating in the family's pool Saturday night. The man told authorities his daughter had been playing in the house when he left her alone to go to the restroom. When he returned, she was gone.
After searching the house, he found the rear sliding door open.
The father tried to revive the girl until emergency responders arrived. The girl was taken to a nearby hospital, where she died.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Interpreter for deaf at Mandela event called fake
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge