|Published:||Aug 17, 2010 4:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 17, 2010 1:42 PM EDT|
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - The dolphin who gained national fame because of her prosthetic tail is in training for her upcoming movie role.
Winter will be playing herself in "A Dolphin's Tale," which begins filming Sept. 27.
In the meantime, she's learning new behaviors at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium, which has been set up with moving making equipment to get Winter accustomed before shooting begins. Trainers are also tossing props her way to get her used to scenes required in the film.
Most of the film will be shot at the aquarium. A robotic dolphin double will be used for scenes Winter can't do.
The movie will star Morgan Freeman, Harry Connick Jr. and Ashley Judd. It'll tell the story of an 11-year-old boy who befriends an injured dolphin and helps her get an artificial tail.
- Cape Coral man arrested for child neglect
- Deadly motorcycle crash in Lehigh Acres
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- U.S. 41 Northbound Blocked near Andrea Lane
- Homeless chilren create Pictures of Hope
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week
- Adopting a shelter pet this holiday season