|Published:||Aug 17, 2010 4:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 17, 2010 1:42 PM EDT|
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - The dolphin who gained national fame because of her prosthetic tail is in training for her upcoming movie role.
Winter will be playing herself in "A Dolphin's Tale," which begins filming Sept. 27.
In the meantime, she's learning new behaviors at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium, which has been set up with moving making equipment to get Winter accustomed before shooting begins. Trainers are also tossing props her way to get her used to scenes required in the film.
Most of the film will be shot at the aquarium. A robotic dolphin double will be used for scenes Winter can't do.
The movie will star Morgan Freeman, Harry Connick Jr. and Ashley Judd. It'll tell the story of an 11-year-old boy who befriends an injured dolphin and helps her get an artificial tail.
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Rollover shuts down part of SB I-75 at Colonial
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest
- Man accused in 2012 Three Oaks murder appears in court