|Published:||Aug 17, 2010 10:43 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 17, 2010 12:46 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - Charlotte County Sheriff’s detectives report the “Cookee Monster” van that was stolen from Rotonda over the past weekend was found by Arcadia Police Monday night at 433 S. Brevard Ave.
CCSO detectives say the stolen 1978 blue Econoline Ford van was taken to the APD impound yard and processed for fingerprints. The vehicle remains in Arcadia waiting for the owner to pick up. No arrests have been made, however, anyone who may have information about those involved in the van theft is asked to contact the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office at 941-639-2101 or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-8477.
Charlotte County Sheriff’s detectives are asking the media and public to help locate a stolen blue Ford van that was taken during a Rotonda (East) home burglary.
Detectives said burglars broke into a home at 112 Crevalle Rd., took a TV, furniture and appliances. They apparently found the keys to the van parked in the garage and stole it with all the other items. The current Florida license tag number is BE7-658. The photo taken a couple years ago had the personalized tag “COOKEE” which has been replaced.
The blue Ford van is quite identifiable with large wood bumpers front and back with the words “Cookie Monster” engraved in them. On the back is a blue cover over the spare tire that says, “C’ IS FOR COOKIES” around a painting of Cookie Monster
If you have information about this case, please call the CCSO at 941-639-2101, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash