|Published:||Aug 17, 2010 10:07 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 17, 2010 7:07 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - A morning fire that caused $15,000 to a commercial building in the North Cape Industrial Park has been ruled accidental in nature. The fire most likely was caused by overheated equipment.
At 6:54 a.m., Cape Coral Fire units responded to 911 call reporting a business on fire at 932 NE 24th Lane. When units arrived, smoke was showing from a multiple-unit building and was found to be coming from Unit #5, AA Same Day Garage Doors. Entry to the fire was made by Engine 5, and firefighters extinguished the flames by 7:09 a.m. The structure was not occupied at the time.
The Cape Coral Fire Investigator determined that the fire started along the bottom of the right-side firewall near the location of a battery and equipment.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday