|Published:||Aug 17, 2010 11:48 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 17, 2010 6:28 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) - A southwest Florida school district is forbidding employees from becoming "friends" with students on online social networking websites.
The new guidelines for Lee County School District employees state it is inappropriate for employees to communicate with current students on sites like MySpace and Facebook.
The district said Monday that the new rules are meant to provide school employees with direction in light of the ever-changing realm of the Internet and online social networking.
The district believes this guideline is the first of it's kind in Florida, and possibly the United States.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft