|Published:||Aug 17, 2010 3:52 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 17, 2010 12:52 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - A Florida Marine was killed in Afghanistan.
The Department of Defense announced Monday that Staff Sgt. Michael A. Bock, 26, of Leesburg, Fla., died Friday while supporting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan.
Bock was assigned to the 3rd Combat Engineer Battalion, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, based at Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center Twentynine Palms, Calif.
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Fla. Gov. asked to return money to insurer
- Personal finance expert Suze Orman speaks at UF
- Memorial Day weekend travel expected to mirror last year