|Published:||Aug 17, 2010 4:16 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 17, 2010 1:16 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - A father and stepmother are accused of ignoring a young boy until he weighed just more than half of what the child should weigh.
Roberto Fortin and Yoselin Aguiree are charged with one count of child neglect. Jail records show both were being held late Monday night in the county jail. It was not immediately known if either has an attorney.
The 30-year-old Fortin told a doctor that his son wasn't breathing properly. The arrest report says the doctor noticed that the boy was severely malnourished and weighed about 40 pounds, which was nearly 30 pounds under what a normal child his age should weight. The boy's age was not released.
The Miami Herald reports Fortin pleaded no contest in 2006 in the death of his 9-month-old son who drowned in a bathtub.
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.