|Published:||Aug 17, 2010 3:53 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 17, 2010 12:53 PM EDT|
DELRAY BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A Boca Raton man was killed when his car was hit by a commuter train in Delray Beach.
Police say 78-year-old Juan C. Roldan was driving Monday morning when his car either went under or through the railroad crossing gate and was hit by the southbound Tri-Rail train. Officials say the gates at the railroad track intersection appear to be in working order.
The impact of the crash through Roldan's vehicle to the side of the track. The train was traveling at about 54 mph.
About 70 passengers were on the train, but no injuries were reported.
Trains were delayed for about 90 minutes.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- No charges in Jameis Winston sex assault case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes