|Published:||Aug 17, 2010 3:53 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 17, 2010 12:53 PM EDT|
DELRAY BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A Boca Raton man was killed when his car was hit by a commuter train in Delray Beach.
Police say 78-year-old Juan C. Roldan was driving Monday morning when his car either went under or through the railroad crossing gate and was hit by the southbound Tri-Rail train. Officials say the gates at the railroad track intersection appear to be in working order.
The impact of the crash through Roldan's vehicle to the side of the track. The train was traveling at about 54 mph.
About 70 passengers were on the train, but no injuries were reported.
Trains were delayed for about 90 minutes.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders