|Published:||Aug 17, 2010 12:01 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 16, 2010 7:06 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Last week, Delta Airlines gave customers and Facebook users the ability to buy tickets via the social networking website.
The new "Ticket Window," went live on Aug. 12. It gives the airline a greater ability to interact with their customers-and ultimately get them to purchase tickets.
No other airlines have provided the service of booking tickets via a social networking site, although they do heavy promotion through the likes of Twitter, Facebook, and MySpace.
The company said the new ticketing feature on the site has been a natural business expansion.
- Man fatally shot in strip club parking lot
- Man with SWFL ties makes FBI Most Wanted list
- Teen allegedly behind 'smack cam' video appears in court
- 1 Florida Lotto player wins $46 million jackpot
- Supreme Court OKs new lethal injection procedure
- Short in extension cord catches Christmas tree on fire
- 3 Jupiter boys injured in gas explosion
- History textbook under fire in Marion County
- Council allows autistic boy to keep chickens
- Scammers posing as bill collectors in Tampa Bay