|Published:||Aug 17, 2010 3:46 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 17, 2010 12:23 AM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla. - Money and immigration, two of the big topics at Congressman Connie Mack's town hall in Naples Monday night. Nearly 400 attended the event.
Arizona's immigration law caused a big stir because Mack does not share the view of his party on bringing a similar law to Florida. Interestingly enough, he publicly endorsed Bill McCollum at the town hall. McCollum supports Arizona's immigration law.
Some were disappointed Mack did not talk in detail about job creation. However, he did tell the crowd he hopes more people "unleash their entrepreneural spirit" when talking about why he didn't support the extension of unemployment benefits.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms