|Published:||Aug 17, 2010 4:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 17, 2010 1:37 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - An Orange County deputy was involved in a crash that killed one person, but authorities have not yet said if the deputy or the man was at fault.
The crash happened early Tuesday morning. The unidentified deputy suffered minor injuries and taken to a hospital. The other person, an elderly man, died at the hospital.
Fire rescue had to use hydraulic tools to free one person from the wreckage. It took about 17 minutes.
The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mobile home fire in North Fort Myers
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida