|Published:||Aug 17, 2010 4:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 17, 2010 1:37 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - An Orange County deputy was involved in a crash that killed one person, but authorities have not yet said if the deputy or the man was at fault.
The crash happened early Tuesday morning. The unidentified deputy suffered minor injuries and taken to a hospital. The other person, an elderly man, died at the hospital.
Fire rescue had to use hydraulic tools to free one person from the wreckage. It took about 17 minutes.
The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Obama to promote education agenda at Miami school