|Published:||Aug 17, 2010 4:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 17, 2010 1:37 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - An Orange County deputy was involved in a crash that killed one person, but authorities have not yet said if the deputy or the man was at fault.
The crash happened early Tuesday morning. The unidentified deputy suffered minor injuries and taken to a hospital. The other person, an elderly man, died at the hospital.
Fire rescue had to use hydraulic tools to free one person from the wreckage. It took about 17 minutes.
The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption