|Published:||Aug 16, 2010 11:53 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 16, 2010 6:00 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Thieves hit a construction site for the Veterans Affairs Hospital.
Cooper coils were stolen from six air conditioning units at the site on Corbett Road and Diplomat Parkway. They have a total value of about $30,000.
Bob Neurock from Kraft Construction told police someone entered the site and stole the coils and attempted to steal the coils from a seventh air conditioning unit.
New cameras were recently installed due to recent thefts at the location. But when Josh Willard, a project engineer, tried pulling up the video, he noticed the cameras had been turned off at 10 pm on Thursday.
The power switch had been turned off in the trailer that operated the cameras. The other trailer power switches were left on.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Obama to promote education agenda at Miami school