|Published:||Aug 16, 2010 11:34 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 16, 2010 8:34 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - "A really good guy. He's always like smiling. He was a happy guy."
That is how students and staff members at Bishop Verot High School describe Father Joseph Beattie. Beattie was a coach and instructor at the school. Students say he not only coached them on the track but in life as well.
"Its not just core values. Its everyday values. We have a quote here... Do everyday things extraodinarily well and with great love and he represents that quote beyond doubt.", says student Matthew Beattie.
On Sunday Father Beattie died in a swimming pool. The cause has not yet been confimed but students and faculty at the school say while the priest's physical life may be over his spiritual life will live on.
"Father joe had an uncanny ability to know when to interact with people. He was always able to sense when someone needed a kind word.", says one fellow staff member.
Father Joe and his twin brother Father John dedicated their professional lives to the students at bishop verot. Father John passed away two years and one week before his brother.
There is a courtyard at the schoold dedicated to the brothers and the impact they left behind.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting