|Published:||Aug 16, 2010 4:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 16, 2010 1:57 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Rep. Kevin Ambler is recovering from injuries after a car accident in southwest Florida.
Ambler, a Republican who represents Tampa, was making a turn Saturday when his Mercedes hit a woman in a Toyota. She was taken to the hospital by ambulance. Ambler's wife drove him to the hospital. Their injuries were not serious.
Florida Highway Patrol officials said Ambler was cited for violating the right of way.
State records show Ambler has had 10 speeding charges since 1999. Five occurred within the last five years, though adjudication was withheld on all but two.
He is running in the Republican primary for the District 12 state Senate seat.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration