|Published:||Aug 16, 2010 4:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 16, 2010 1:57 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Rep. Kevin Ambler is recovering from injuries after a car accident in southwest Florida.
Ambler, a Republican who represents Tampa, was making a turn Saturday when his Mercedes hit a woman in a Toyota. She was taken to the hospital by ambulance. Ambler's wife drove him to the hospital. Their injuries were not serious.
Florida Highway Patrol officials said Ambler was cited for violating the right of way.
State records show Ambler has had 10 speeding charges since 1999. Five occurred within the last five years, though adjudication was withheld on all but two.
He is running in the Republican primary for the District 12 state Senate seat.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday