|Published:||Aug 16, 2010 4:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 16, 2010 1:57 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Rep. Kevin Ambler is recovering from injuries after a car accident in southwest Florida.
Ambler, a Republican who represents Tampa, was making a turn Saturday when his Mercedes hit a woman in a Toyota. She was taken to the hospital by ambulance. Ambler's wife drove him to the hospital. Their injuries were not serious.
Florida Highway Patrol officials said Ambler was cited for violating the right of way.
State records show Ambler has had 10 speeding charges since 1999. Five occurred within the last five years, though adjudication was withheld on all but two.
He is running in the Republican primary for the District 12 state Senate seat.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash